This year, I have decided to embark on an inititive to make as many of the gifts I give people as I can, since I have an obnoxious amount of fabric and I can usually find some time to spare. So far so good! This is what I came with for my friend Rachel for her baby shower.
As soon as they found out it was a boy, she chose the name Jesse. Rachel has a background in Marine Biology so she loves aquatic-themed stuff and that is how she decorated his room. So, I made this name banner to go along with the theme. This is the first time I have made one of these name banners with such a busy pattern. I did the two panels on the end so you could tell what the pattern was. I am very pleased at how well it turned out!
I have been thinking about making one of those hooded baby towels so I decided now was the time to try it out. I used the fish fabric on the border of the hood and for the monogramed J. I also added a little pocket on the side since I had a bit of terrycloth left. But I am super excited about how cute this came out…I even went out today and bought some more towels.
Until later, happy sewing!