ORANGE BURLAP HALLOWEEN SIGN

Pin It
Let me start by saying I am not usually a holiday decorator. This is probably in part because I am single and don’t have kids, and probably in part because I don’t feel like taking it down afterwards. When I do decorate, it is not uncommon for the decorations to be up for a good 2 to 3 months past the acceptable time period of display. This year my family is coming to my house for Christmas so I guess I better start preparing now!

I have been obsessed with burlap lately if anyone hasn’t noticed…it is just so fun and the Cricut and I have been coming up with some creative stuff. I was in Hobby Lobby the other day searching through the remnant bin and I spied a 1/2 yard roll of orange burlap. I tried to put it down, but I couldn’t…it was calling me. So I bought it and this is what I came up with…

Then I had another 1/4″ yard and I had the other half of the stencil that I like to refer to as the “stencil twin”, and nothing else to do with orange burlap so I did another one…

A couple of shots of the signs together…

I think they are super cute but now the question…What do I do with them now? LOL! I will probably keep one and find one of my friends who does decorate and give it to them. If you are wondering how I made this, you can check out my tutorial on making a Monogram Burlap Sign.

Until later, happy crafting!

I’M LINKING UP TO THESE PARTIES:

Sunday: Homemaker on a Dime, I Heart Naptime, Under the Table and Dreaming, Flamingo Toes, The DIY Showoff; Monday: Craft-O-Maniac, Lines Across My Face, The Girl Creative, Skip to My Lou, Making the World Cuter, Polly Want a Crafter, Cherished Bliss, Dittle Dattle, Sew Chatty, Pinkapotamus, The Gunny SackA Place Called Home , Ask Anna; Tuesday: Tip Junkie, Kurtz Corner, Sugar Bee Crafts, Today’s Creative Blog, A Diamond in the Stuff, Hope Studios, Oops I Craft My PantsThe Little Birdie Blog, Ladybug Blessings; Wednesday: Laugh Love and Craft, Lil’ Luna, The Trendy Treehouse, Women Who Do it All, Savvy Southern Style, Sew Much AdoSomeday Crafts, Blue Cricket Design, Ginger Snap CraftsPolka Dots on Parade, Sew Woodsy; Thursday: Craft, Scrappy, Happy, Somewhat Simple, Passionately Artistic, House of Hepworths, Shabby Creek Cottage, My Repurposed Life; Between U & Me; Friday: Romantic Home, Lolly Jane Botique, Ooh Baby! Days of Chalk and Chocolate, Fingerprints on the Fridge, At the Picket Fence, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Happy Hour Projects, Tatertots and Jello, Sassy Sites, Remodelaholic; Saturday: Be Different Act Normal; Craft Envy, Kojo Designs, Six Sisters’ Stuff, Along for the Ride

25 Responses to “ORANGE BURLAP HALLOWEEN SIGN”

1. gail says:

Love the orange burlap! great job!
    gail

2. Donna says:

It’s super cute!
    I love burlap!
    I can’t blame you fro not putting it down.

3. Score on the orange burlap in the remnant bin! I love the twin signs! I hate throwing away the “other” part of the stencil too. Great job! Saw you at Lolly Jane.

4. Sarah says:

These turned out great! I will definitely be giving these a try! Thanks for posting this!

5. Jeana says:

Great signs!! love it..I would love for you to share at my “Anything Goes Link Party” http://jeana-marie.blogspot.com/2011/10/anything-goes-link-party.html

6. Love these.. they are too stinkin adorable.. and I just adore the burlap backrounds! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo party.. can’t wait to see what you share next..
    And thanks so much for the follower.. I am your newest follower!

7. angie says:

my favorite the black one that seems like the orange is swirling round

8. Katie says:

Jamie I’m loving your signs. What cartridges did you use? I love the “trick” font!

• Jamie says:

Thanks Katie! I actually snagged the Fairy Cuts program before they stopped working with cricut so I don’t use cartridges anymore….even though I have a bunch!

9. I love this! And, I’m not a big burlap fan. But I really like how this turned out. I’m looking forward to seeing what else you share!

10. Krysti says:

I am obsessed with burlap myself!!! I am a new follower. Following you back from Blissful Meandering.

11. Jenny says:

I’m a new follower too!

12. Brie says:

These are really cute signs! I think you should decorate for holidays more often, look how cute they turn out! Thanks for the invite to your new blog, I’m happily following along. Can’t wait to see what else you do!

Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

13. Jenny says:

Such a great project and I love the whole stencil twin thing! The orange burlap is just the right color and I think they are so cute! And it’s not too much, you know? Sometimes things can be overdone but not this. It’s just right! Thanks for linking up to my first link party! : )

14. What a cute sign! I love it. I am a new follower. Thanks for following us as well.

15. Treats taste better…but tricks are more fun…mwah, ha, ha…

Cutie-cute sign!

16. ShonEjai says:

The are some great signs! Love them both.

17. Dannyelle says:

I too am in love with burlap lately so I understand your obsession! Great project.
    Dannyelle @ http://www.lifeisaparty.ca

18. Vicky says:

Love the versatility of burlap. Those came out great! Where will you put them? I am a new follower from Sundae Scoop. Vicky from http://www.messforless.net

• Jamie says:

I am putting one in my living room as my solo Halloween decoration (I think I can manage to get it down Nov 1st) and then I am giving the other to my friend Cicley who actually does decorate for Halloween.

Glad to have you here, thanks for stopping by! :)

19. Veronica says:

They turned out great! Love them!

20. Sarah says:

I am going to have to go out and get some burlap. Your sign is great and I saw a burlap pumpkin that was great on another site.
    Sarah

21. Oh my.. I LOVE the idea of using burlap for decor. Great signs!