Last week I showed you the Antiqued Burlap Letter “E” Sign that I made for my friend Angie’s baby Emerson. It came out awesome and I got a ton of very positive feed back from it! Thanks everyone!
Just in case you missed it…this is what it looked like:
I went back home to New Orleans for Angie’s baby shower this weekend and had a blast! Angie and I have been practically family since 3rd grade and even graduated from LSU together. So I really wanted to make something extra special for her first baby. I worked all last week to put together a little goody basket of handmade baby stuff. She and her husband are huge LSU fans so I decided to make Emerson some LSU-themed gifts. This is what I came up with:
1) One wild and crazy LSU baby blanket. I used purple leopard print and orange tiger print fabric. Here’s the TUTORIAL on how to make it.
2) Fleur-di-lis appliqued onesie. I designed the applique on my Cricut, cut it out of the purple leopard print, ironed it on, then zig-zag stitched around it.
3) Reversible Car Seat Strap Covers. I used the orange tiger print on one side and the purple leopard print on the other. Here’s the TUTORIAL on how to make them.
4) Quick and Easy Pacifier Leash. Here’s the TUTORIAL on how to make it.
5) Burp Cloth. I used a 6-ply Gerber burp cloth and a 7″ width of LSU fabric that was as long as the burp cloth. I folded the edges of the fabric under, zig-zag stitched the sides to the burp cloth. Then re-serged the edges with white thread. If you sew a lot and don’t have a serger, I would suggest that you get one, it is very useful. I only have the $200 brother serger but it is great for what I need!
Then I went to the dollar store and found a purple basket and tied some strips of fabric on one side.
I have two baskets above because I actually made two exact gift baskets, one for Angie, and the other for our high school/college friend Reyna who is due with her second baby girl next week. Here is what the final product looked like:
Awesome, right??? Both of the ladies loved the gift! And especially since it was all handmade. I can’t wait to make some more of these fun gift baskets!
Angie loved the sign for Emerson too!
On a side note, my mom’s dog Callie was curious and looking too cute while I was taking pictures outside so I just had to snap a picture of her!
Until later, happy sewing!
I’m linking up to these parties:
Sunday: Homemaker on a Dime, I Heart Naptime, Under the Table and Dreaming, Flamingo Toes, My 1929 Charmer, The DIY Showoff; Monday: Craft-O-Maniac, Lines Across My Face, The Girl Creative, Skip to My Lou, Making the World Cuter, Cherished Bliss, Dittle Dattle, Sew Chatty, Pinkapotamus, The Gunny Sack, Ask Anna; Tuesday: Tip Junkie, Kurtz Corner, Sugar Bee Crafts, Today’s Creative Blog, A Diamond in the Stuff, Hope Studios, Oops I Craft My Pants, Ladybug Blessings, Reasons to Skip the Housework, The Blackberry Vine; Wednesday: Laugh Love and Craft, Lil’ Luna, The Trendy Treehouse, Women Who Do it All, Savvy Southern Style, Sew Much Ado, Someday Crafts, Blue Cricket Design, Ginger Snap Crafts, Polka Dots on Parade, Sew Woodsy; Thursday: Craft, Scrappy, Happy, Somewhat Simple, Passionately Artistic,House of Hepworths, Shabby Creek Cottage, My Repurposed Life; Friday:Romantic Home, At the Picket Fence, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Tatertots and Jello,Remodelaholic; Saturday: Be Different Act Normal;